Pages

Wednesday 12 February 2014

"Jesus I Trust in You" is Easier Said Than Done


I love the Divine Mercy Devotion, from St. Faustina’s Diary to the Novena and Chaplet; I believe this is a devotion every Catholic should hold dear to their heart! For those that are not familiar with it, I strongly urge you to look into it and get a copy of St. Faustina’s Diary. The truths revealed in it are contemporary, catholic-church approved, answers to today’s decaying sense of morals and values.

I think part of the reason that a lot of people end up liking this devotion so much is because in times where everything just sucks, it’s nice to know that you can trust in Jesus and know that He will help you get through everything. And as a general rule, when things don’t work out like I want them, I’m able to breathe and say “Jesus, I trust in you”, which usually makes me feel better.

But sometimes, I feel as though Jesus hears me saying that I trust Him, and He asks me to prove it. It’s as though telling Him I trust Him, is an invitation to let Him give me opportunities to trust Him even more. And that’s where you have to truly give yourself over to Him, and not just say that you trust Him. 

I try to think of it as a trust fall with God. If I stop myself before landing in my partners arms, the exercise is not completed and I’ve just proved that I don’t trust the person who is going to be catching me. However, if I let myself fall into the other person’s arms, I have given my trust completely over to them and I’ve let them decide what will happen next (either I fall or they catch me).  But with God, we don’t need to worry that He will drop us, because He has guaranteed, through Christ’s passion and resurrection, that He will ALWAYS catch us.

Sometimes, it’s hard to remember that. For my husband and I, we have to work hard every day to remember to trust Him. From having financial worries, to determining if we will use natural family planning, there’s not a day that goes by that we don’t struggle to let ourselves fall into God’s arms.

Part of the blame, definitely needs to be put on today’s society which urges us to take control of everything right down to bringing new life into the world. However, Romans 12:2 reminds us that we need to be in the world but not of the world. As Christians we need to remember that even if society/ the rest of the world is doing it a certain way, we as Christians need to do it Christ’s way. And Christ’s way, means trusting Him with every aspect of our lives.

Handing everything over to Him, does not happen in one fell swoop. It’s an exercise that needs to be repeated every day for the rest of our lives.  Sometimes, situations where we need to trust Him are obvious but others aren’t as clear.  I think that as long as we try to make Christ the center of our lives, we’ll be able to see where we are lacking when it comes to putting are trust in Him.

So next time you know you need to trust God, but you are having a hard time giving it all over, just remember that after the initial fear of the fall, you’ll be falling into the arms of someone who loves you so much, he already gave up His life for you. I don’t know about you, but I couldn’t think of a better person whose arms to fall into.  

2 comments:

  1. It's so easy to forget to rely completely on Him. Your thoughts and words are beautifully and meaningfully presented. They truly touch the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A GREAT SPELL CASTER (DR. EMU) THAT HELP ME BRING BACK MY EX GIRLFRIEND.
    Am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-girlfriend that I love so much. I had a girlfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when her friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to her just because she was been jealous of her friend that i was dating and on the scene my girlfriend just walk in and she thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to her that her friend always do this whenever she is not with me and i always refuse her but i never told her because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but she never believed me. She broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make her believe me but she never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. EMU and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months.
    Email him at: Emutemple@gmail.com  
    Call or Whats-app him: +2347012841542

    ReplyDelete